Any tiny house design can be adapted to using high-performance building materials. Steeped in ‘Passive House Design’ principles, The Healthy Tiny House Kit came out of a necessity to offer the tiny house community a collection of high-performance building materials that are typically difficult to source in the US. The Kit is a way to build with health and function as a priority.
The Healthy Tiny House Kit includes:
- Lunos continuous energy recovery ventilation units. Solely the Lunos eGO for smaller tiny homes and paired with Lunos e2 pair for larger homes. Recovers exiting temperature so heating/cooling unit does not need to work harder. Keeps everyone breathing fresh air and not recycling each others’ exhales. Helps with moisture in a small space.
- Solitex Mento 1000 – Exterior vapor open house wrap. Allows moisture to escape wall system. Helps as a rainscreen behind siding.
- Intello Plus – Interior one-way vapor barrier. Stops moisture from entering wall system due to bathing, cooking, breathing etc., and allows moisture to escape due to condensation on studs.
- Tescon Vana Tape – Ideal for taping seams, wall systems to the trailer and roof, etc.
- Extoseal Encores – Literally THE BEST window flashing/sill protection tape. Highly adhesive to a multitude of surfaces. Only needs to be applied on the bottom of opening and up 6″ on either side. Tescon Vana Tape can seal the rest of the opening.
- Campego Tape – Airtight tape for interior window flashing.
- Duplex Double Sided Tape – Holds Intello Plus to studs without creating holes in the membrane.
- Personal Consulting with Isabelle Nagel-Brice on how to build with The Healthy Tiny House Kit to create a high-performance passive design house.
The Kit’s wall system functions better than a non-vapor open wall system with a higher R-value. Don’t fixate on the R-value, but rather think about the bigger picture. All of these products work symbiotically together to create a highly efficient building.
*The Healthy Tiny House Kit does not include insulation online at this time.
We can sell you insulation to go with The Kit and find you a local distributer who carries chemical free and vapor open insulation, which will save you money on shipping. This does not include spray foam, SIPs, closed cell foam etc. which, can negate some performance aspects of the wall assembly. However, using The Kit with a non-vapor wall system will still make for a much higher performing home in general.
Shoot us a message if you have any additional questions!